This page will list available training that may be of interest to Partners.
Hidden Sentence NEPACS training
Impact of that prison sentences have on children & families of prisoners, for details see here
Community Care Inform Podcasts
There are a range of podcasts on safeguarding matters available from Community Care Inform available on Soundcloud or follow the link here
Real Safeguarding Stories
A series of short interactive videos over a range of topics to assist with awareness raising and training here
Tools of the Trade
4th April 9.30am-12.30pm
The Workplace, Newton Aycliffe
This half-day workshop is only for staff who have completed the “The Developing Child and Young Person” two-day course and want to consider the application of the learning from the course into their practice. We will be sharing tools, approaches and ways of working with different age ranges to capture the views and feelings of children and young people.
Achieving Sustainable Change
The course will support participants to use motivational interviewing techniques to understand resistance and how we support behaviour change. Access details of the courses here
Suicide Bereavement Training (PABBS)
To provide health professionals with an opportunity to build their confidence and skills caring for parents bereaved by suicide For more information see the following signposting the reader to suicide prevention training in England ( PHE,2016; p46) Potential impact on those Bereaved by Suicide Alternatively, contact Paul Higham directly – 07850 710555 – email@example.com
Drug and Alcohol Training
This free training is for all staff working within County Durham who may come into contact with people using alcohol or drugs and any other staff or volunteers who have an interest in these topics.
- Cannabis Awareness
- Bespoke Drug & Alcohol Training
- Drug Awareness
- Energy Drinks
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Alcohol Identification & Brief Advice
- Opiate Awareness
- Performance & Image Enhancing Drugs
- Stimulant Drug Awareness
- What ever happened to ‘legal highs’?
The training is for all staff working within County Durham who may come into contact with people using alcohol or drugs and any other staff or volunteers who have an interest in these topics.
Wellbeing for Life Training
This training is for professionals. Courses offered includes Capacity Building, Communication and Active Listening, Assertiveness, Food and Mood, Dementia awareness, Suicide awareness, Diabetes awareness Understanding Stress and Resilience and Mental Health Awareness among others. Sessions are available at a variety of locations across County Durham and available, fully subsidised,to professionals and members of the public working or living in County Durham. To book either register on the HITS user site www.hits.cdd.nhs.uk, email: cdda-tr.CBS@nhs.net or phone 01388 455 244 for further information
Unintentional Injury Programme
Training dates for 2020
- 11 January 2020 10am, Shakespeare Hall, North Road, Durham. DH1 4SQ
- 06 February 2020 9am, Newton Aycliffe Family Centre, Stephenson Way, Newton Aycliffe. DL5 7DD
- 05 March 2020 1pm, Seaham Family Centre, Seaham House, Seaham. SR7 7EU
- 08 April 2020 9am, One Point Hub, Broom Road, Ferryhill. DL17 8AN
- 08 May 2020 1pm, Willington Family Centre, Chapel Street. Willington. DL15 0EQ
- 13 May 2020 6:30pm Belmont Community Centre, Sunderland Road, Durham. DH1 2LL
- 05 June 2020 1pm Seaham One Point Hub, Strangford Road, Seaham. SR7 8QE
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.